A main decision while planing a vacation is: “Which destinations to visit?” But equally important is “How to get the best from those places?”. Goal is to experience local life at its best, and that is why we made a little list of top events in whole Split archipelago during a Summer of 2016th. Doesn’t matter if you want experience Dalmatian tradition or modern party life there are proper events you should visit, and our suggestion is to combine both, Dalmatian tradition and modern party life.
- 8th Lavander Festival in Velo Grablje on Island Hvar – 24.06.2016. – 25.06.2016. – 2 days manifestation for promoting famous lavander from Hvar and all its products. From exhibitions of various products, workshops to concerts. Perfect oportunity to learn a little about Croatian tradition and to get authentic souvenir from island Hvar
- Summer Colors of Split – 20.06.2016. – 15.08.2016. – A stage on the Split Promenade will come alive as a part of the manifestation “Summer Colors of Split” where male and female acapellas will be presented as well as various culture-artictistic societies performances. Acapella song is reserved for Wednesday while on Saturdays culture-artistic societies will perform in the Diocletian’s cellars, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays on the Promenade.
- 55th Croatian Hvar Summer Festival – 01.07.2016. – 31.07.2016. – Whole months of interesting concerts, theater performances and manifestation, program is still in developing, but as it usually goes there is some kind of manifestation every 2 or 3 days.
- Komiža Summer Festival on Island Vis – 04.07.2016. – 29.08.2016. – Reach program of cultural manifestation and concerts trough whole July and August
- Vis Cultural Summer – 04.07.2016. – 15.09.2016. – Reach program of cultural manifestation and concerts trough whole July and August
- Split Summer Festival – 14.07.2016. – 14.08.2016. – plit Summer Festival (1954…) is an art festival building its national and international reputation ever since the mid 20th century. Next to the Dubrovnik Summer Festival, it is a festival with the longest and shiniest tradition of the classical spectrum of performing arts (opera, drama, ballet, concert…), spreading in time the array of events: from Jazz concerts and film festivals, to exhibitions, performances and street theatre.
- Ilinden on Split promenade – 15.07.2016. – 16.07.2016. – Macedonian ansabl presenting their own tradition and culture trough dancing
- A magic of classical music in Diokletians palace – 15.07.2016. – 19.08.2016. Unique experience of listening beautiful conterts in unique invirontment
- Ultra Europe in Split – 15.07.2016. – 17.07.2016. – a 3 day event boasting the world’s top EDM DJ’s
- Ultra Yacht Regatta on Island Hvar – 18.07.2016. – You don’t have to wait long for another party to start after Ultra Europe, as you can join us on an exclusive ULTRA Yacht Regatta Party on the heavenly island of Brač, where you will party on Bol, probably the most legendary beach of the whole Adriatic Coast.
- Split Blues Festival – 21.07.2016. – 23.07.2016. – 3 days festival presenting the best local and European blues artists
- Romance at Salona – 23.07.2016. – The aim of this event, which will be held from 07.23.2016. is the “revival” of history through quality and authentic interpretation of ancient heritage by organizing theme nights that creatively show life in ancient times. This event contributes to the promotion of Salona, but also improves the quality of facilities in the area especially at the site of Salona, and thus directly affects the increase in the number of visitors in the area.
- Iron Maiden / The Book of Souls Tour – 27.07.2016. – IRON MAIDEN returns to Croatia on July 27th as a part of their BOOK OF SOULS world tour!
- Vanka Regule Festival in Sutivan on Island Brač – end of July –extreme sports competition held in Sutivan every year at the end of July. Both participants and spectators will be provided with enough adrenaline and entertainment enjoying in free-ride cyclist competition, cyclist jump in the sea, cross-free-ride cyclist competition, free-climbing on natural and artificial stones, freediving, breath-hold diving and kayak races. Climbing on the Sutivan and Ložišća church tower-bell is a particular attraction where you can also attend the lectures about the adventurous and extreme sport and photography exhibitions. As a part of Vanka regule event the International Festival of Documentary Movie “Outdoor Adventure Film Festival” takes place whilst in the evening hours one can enjoy in concerts and urban music feasts.
- Supetar Summer Carnival – 30.07.2016. – Summer Carnival takes place in Supetar for 9 years. Carnival nourishes world music and guarantees an excellent entertainment for all those who come to Supetar the last Saturday in July. Be the part of this really particular and pleasant summer event.
Sun is shining the weather is sweet.. Feel it? #timeisnow #summervibes #sunshine #beach #specialbeach #island #nametheplace #croatianadventure #islandlife Fotografiju objavljuje Cro Yachting Croatia (@croyachting)
- Varoš Days in Splitska on Island Brač- 01.08.2016. – This fisherman feast in Splitska is unavoidable spot for anyone who wants to feel a touch of authenticity of our island. Fried sardines, red wine, hanging with local people accompanied with live Dalmatian music guarantee an entertainment which will remain in your heart for a long time.
- Split Beach Festival – 04.08.2016. – 06.08.2016. – Split Beach Festival is the newest coolest thing in the city of Split. Taking place on the most famous local beach Bačvice, all attendees will experience a unique combination of EDM and open air beach parties. Bačvice beach is ideally located within a 10min walk from the city center, port, main bus station and the majority of accommodation. The capacity of the beach is for over 10.000 people. Its shoreline gradually declines into the sea providing a unique submerged dance floor.
- VO’i’SA – Urban Music Days is Urban Music Festival in Supetar on Island Brač – 04.08.2016. – 07.08.2016. – attracts to Supetar admirers of new direction of electronic music. Imaginative and chill-out programme, a casual atmosphere of summer crowds, excellent sounds and stages close to the sea are sufficient motif to be in Supetar at the beginning of August.
- Traditional Exhibitions in Mutne Kale in Supetar on Isladn Brač – 06.08.2016. – To all of you who really want to be a part of the community in which you decided to spend your holidays, we warmly recommend to visit exhibition in Mutne kale in Mirca. This really a particular exhibition accompanied by Dalmatian klapa songs, fried sardines and red wine is unforgettable part of cultural and touristic offer of the Town of Supetar. Exhibition takes place in a unique ambience of Mutne kale/Donji dvori in picturesque Mirca, visited by several hundred people.
- 2nd Brač Film Festival – 11.08.2016. – 13.08.2016. –festival oriented towards International movies and young Croatian producers.Besides excellent movie program, all the participants and guest will enjoy numerous other events such are workshops, concerts, parties.
- Piano Loop Festival in Split – 16.08.2016. – 21.08.2016. – The second festival of pianism in Split, organized by the Piano projekt association. The festival will be held in the Art Gallery and beside a piano marathon ti will include a series of piano recitals of eminent pianist: Grigory Gruzman, Kemal Gekić and Ruben Dalibaltayan. Through six days of the festival 20 young pianists from around the world will improve their knowledge in master classes at the Art Academy in Split. The last day of the festival they will compete for the festival award.
- Wine festival 2016 in Jelsa on Island Hvar – 27.08.2016. – Each year during the last weekend in August all winemakers from whole local area gathered on Wine festival on Hvar to represent their products, but it goes beyond that, there is whole program from wine presentation, lovely banquets, gastro offer. Festival is planed to satisfied all generations from little children to elders ladies and gentlemen.
- Faros Maraton 2016. in Stari Grad on Island Hvar – 27.08.2016. – International championship in long distance swimming. Traditional championship witch gather huge fame during last 38 years and today attract the most famous names in long distance swimming.
- Hvar International Half Maraton in Stari Grad – 28.08.2016. – Main slogan is: For run for fun!”, it says it all, reach program, healthy and fun.
Fotografiju objavljuje Cro Yachting Croatia (@croyachting)
- Cigar Smoking World Championship in Split – 02.09.2016 – 04.09.2016. – Cigar Club Mareva is a love child born out of a fifteen years passion and love towards the cigar. It transforms time into moments of pleasure, genuine and refined, in which senses are stimulated by a touch of the best. Because of these reasons, humane and selfless, the desire to share the contents of our treasure chest with people became inevitable. the Championship is the finale of qualification tournaments held in more countries than ever this year. Winners of those tournaments will receive a starting place in the Championship and free participation in the program leading up to the memorable event.
- Dalmatian Islands Klapa Festival in Supetar – 03.09.2016. – Every first Saturday in September, male and female klapas from islands of Brač, Hvar. Šolta and Vis gather in Supetar to celebrate dalmatian klapa singing. In the beautiful ambient of Glavica you can hear best of klapa singing and enjoy amazing island evening in Supetar.
- Interenatioanl Brač Summer Carnival in Supetar – 09.09.2016. – 14.09.2016. – International Brač Carnival is unique carnival event that takes place in our region. Seven days of Carnival craziness, guests from several surrounding countries, friendly hosts, sport games of carnival participants and visiting several villages of the island of Brač are unforgettable experience for all those who visit the island of Brač in the mid September.
- 84th regatta of Mrduja – 24.09.2016. – 84th regatta of Mrduja – The most famous Croatian regatta, from Split to Mrduja, small island between Brač and Šolta, which is reach with history, legends and myths.
“A ship is always referred to as “she” because it costs so much to keep one in paint and powder.” » Chester Nimitz #timeisnow for the best #sailingexperince on #bavariacruiser56 #babyblue #luxurysailing #familysailing #weknowplaces #passionpassport Fotografiju objavljuje Cro Yachting Croatia (@croyachting)
My point is that we know where you should be this Summer: